Shannon River represent all of the major cruiser hire companies on the Shannon River in Ireland.
It's the same price to book through us as it is to book direct and we offer all of the latest discounts and impartial advice on the cruisers and places to visit on the Shannon River. Below is information on Lough Ree Cruisers. You can compare these boats on our boat hire page or click on the boats to the right to make an enquiry
Transfers from Dublin, Knock and Shannon airports are available on Wednesdays and Saturdays at €70 per person return. Transfers on other days are available by special arrangement.
Terms and Conditions
- The Hirer shall at all times during the course of the hire agreement, cruise, navigate and handle the cruiser in a safe and responsible manner and shall at all times adhere to the instructions of the Company and adhere to the River Shannon cruising code and by-laws and sail within the navigation channels. The cruiser must never be taken downstream of Killaloe Bridge. Entry into the Grand Canal, Camlin River, Rinn River or Barrow Navigation must not be made without the specific permission of the company. In the best interests of the hirer, the Company reserves the right to restrict the cruising waters of hirers, who in the Company's opinion, have insufficient experience to cruise on Lough Ree or Lough Derg.
- The Hirer shall not:- (a) Drive or be in charge of the cruiser under the influence of alcohol or drugs - this is also an offence against the Shannon Navigation By-laws; (b) Cruise after dark or in stormy or unsuitable weather conditions, (c) Race the cruiser against any other boats or cruisers, (d) Speed the boat above its maximum designed speed or tamper with the speed control throttle, (e) Engage the cruiser in the towing of any person or object for the purpose of water skiing, (f) Tow or be towed by other cruisers unless with professional assistance in an emergency, (g) Members of the crew must not exceed the number on the booking form and a crew must never consist of less than two adults.
- The Hirer shall put the Company and the Gardai where appropriate, on prompt and immediate notice of any accident, collision, occurrence or event which may expose the Company to any liability whatsoever. In the context of this clause, time shall be of the essence.
- The Hirer shall be liable to the Company and any third party whatsoever, for any injury, loss, damage or legal liability due to the deliberate, wilful and negligent handling of the cruiser, its dinghy or any item of equipment on board and shall fully and completely indemnify the Company in respect of all claims by any person whatsoever.
- The Hirer and passengers take the cruiser at their own personal risk and will not hold the Company responsible or liable for, any personal accident or injury during the period of hire.
- INSURANCE - The cruiser and equipment are fully insured by the Company against accidental loss or damage. However in the event of accidental loss or damage to the cruiser and its equipment, the Hirer is liable to the extent of his security deposit. Please note that at no time are you covered by our insurance for loss, theft or damage to your personal belongings on board the cruiser or dinghy. Cars or other items of the Hirer and crew are left at the Company's base only at the Hirers risk.
- BOOKING REMITTANCE - Direct booking with the Company - The cruiser is booked only when the signed contract and 25% of the total hire fee has been received. The Hirer is responsible for the whole hire fee once the booking is confirmed. Bookings with agencies are subject to that particular agencies procedures.
- BALANCE OF HIRE FEES - The hirer must pay the balance of hire fees not later than one month before commencement of cruise or according to agency terms.
- BOOKING CANCELLATION - Cancellation terms are as follows: prior to 31st January - nil: 60 days and over - 15%: 59-30 days - 30%: 29-16 days - 90%: 15-0 days - 100%.
- HIRE PERIOD AND CRUISE COMMENCEMENT - On arrival our representative will request identification - a passport or driving licence will suffice. All hire periods commence between 4 p.m. and 6 p.m. on Saturdays. The minimum hire period is one week. Special arrangements may sometimes be made for earlier or later handover. On arrival a representative will give the hirer an instruction run to show that the cruiser is in good running order and the Hirer will also check the inventory. After this and unless the Hirer requests further instruction or information, he will be deemed to have accepted responsibility for the cruiser and its contents. Any shortcomings in equipment or dissatisfaction regarding condition of boat and inventory should be notified immediately to the Company so that they can be remedied as no claims can be considered at the end of hire period. The hirer may not take onto the cruiser, any portable heaters or lighting equipment or anything which may cause danger to the boat, its equipment or occupants.
- . The Company reserves the right to hand over the cruiser to any Hirer who is considered not sufficiently capable or experienced. In such cases all sums paid shall be refunded in full and the contract shall be discharged without further liability on either party. The Company also reserves the right to repossess the cruiser at any time where a serious accident or damage has occurred or is likely to occur, because of the unsuitability of the hirer due to the consumption of alcohol or drugs. In such cases the Company shall not be liable to make a refund of any portion of the hire terms paid. Persons under 18 years of age are not permitted to hire or control craft without the supervision of an adult.
- RETURN OF CRUISER - The cruiser and equipment must be returned in a CLEAN condition throughout by 10 a.m. on the Saturday of cruise end. If in breach of this condition a cleaning charge of twenty five euro may be made.
- FUEL - All cruisers are handed over in a clean and tidy state. If they are not returned in a similar state, a cleaning charge of £25.00 will be made. The cruiser will be full of fuel on commencement of cruise. On return it will again be refilled and the Hirer charged the appropriate amount.
- REFUNDABLE SECURITY DEPOSIT - A refundable security deposit, of €400.00 must be paid at commencement of cruise. All or part of the deposit will be withheld if: the boat is driven outside the marked navigation channel and grounded; if there is damage done to the cruiser, dinghy or third parties; or if there is loss or damage to cruiser equipment or inventory.
- CRUISER DESCRIPTION - Every effort is made to ensure that the cruisers are as described in the brochure but the Company cannot be held liable for any inaccuracy that may exist.
- UNAVAILABILITY OF CRUISER - In the unlikely event of the hired craft not being available on the agreed day, due to some unusual circumstances beyond the Company's control, every effort will be made to supply a similar craft and should this prove impossible all moneys paid to the Company will be refunded and the Hirer will have no further claim.
- EMERGENCY SITUATIONS - In any emergency situation involving one of the Companies cruisers, the Company reserves the right to call on or commandeer any of its cruisers to help resolve the emergency.
- BREAKDOWN AND REPAIRS - Repairs and service are the responsibility of the Company and every effort is made to maintain the cruiser in top class running order. If any repairs become necessary the Company must be informed immediately and repairs must not be put into the hands of other firms or persons without authority. In the event of a breakdown no compensation will be due to the hirer unless it is proven to be due to negligence on the part of the Company.
- CRUISING DELAYS - The Company cannot be held liable for any delays or restriction of cruising arising from natural causes or from damage or repairs to the navigation. Neither can the Company be held liable for repairs or extended servicing before embarkation or for the late return of craft by the previous hirer. The Company reserves the right to restrict cruising if hazardous conditions prevail. The Company cannot be held liable for any loss of time or expense incurred by the Hirer during the cruise.
- LAKE BOAT AND OUTBOARD ENGINE - Where a lakeboat and engine are taken as extras there will be an additional security deposit of €65.00 payable . Outboard engines must be properly tested to the hirers satisfaction before leaving the base as the Company is unlikely to be able to provide a call-out repair service to this item outside the base. However every effort will be made to assist in rectifying the problem. Should the outboard engine be lost or stolen the hirer is liable for the full replacement cost.
- Sorry - no pets allowed.
- Never bring maggots onto or aboard the cruiser
Lough Ree Cruisers offer spacious and comfortable cruisers for hire, at reasonable prices - all well maintained and equipped to a high standard and all boats have the facility of a sliding roof which gives an option for open air cruising and dining. There is spacious living and sleeping accommodation with easy access from one area of the boat to another and there is ample room for fishing from the boats.
On arrival, our staff will show you aboard and take you through all aspects of handling the cruiser including a full test drive. For beginners or people with limited cruising experience, we provide aditional tuition on the navigation and cruiser handling, and if necessary, our instructor will accompany you on the initial hour or so of your cruiser. We provide a quality efficient service to cope with any problem or emergency and the provision of a mobile telephone on the cruiser gives you immediate access to us for help or advice."